YAMAHA 2017 SPORT SCOOTERS
Nothing but the MAX
Ever since the introduction of the TMAX in 2001, the Yamaha MAX family
continues to be widely regarded as today's most influential force in the
European scooter market.
Featuring dynamic bodywork with that distinctive MAX family look, and
driven by sophisticated 4-stroke engines that are designed to give
exciting and lively performance, Yamaha Sport scooters lead the industry
in terms of design, technology, style and desirability. Shaped by TMAX
DNA and designed and manufactured to the same high standards as the
flagship model, the recently introduced and powerful new X-MAX 300 takes over from the highly successful X-MAX 250. For 2017 Yamaha can
also announce the arrival of the latest edition of the world's most
successful and iconic sport scooter.
Built to the highest specification ever featured in its class – and
available in two versions – the new 2017 TMAX is ready!
New TMAX: Reset the rules of MAX
Fifteen years ago Yamaha launched a model that was literally to change
the face of the scooter world and create a whole new category.
At the time it may have seemed to be a brave decision by Yamaha to
launch a maxi scooter that had the performance and handling of a sports
motorcycle, combined with the comfort and convenience of a 'twist and
go' scooter. But history has shown that Yamaha really did get it right
first time, and back in 2001 the TMAX didn't just invent a new category –
it changed forever the perception of the scooter.
The age of the maxi scooter had arrived, and five model generations
later the TMAX continues to totally dominate the premium large capacity
With over 233,000 sold in 15 years, the TMAX is not simply the best
selling maxi scooter in Europe, it is also one of the best-selling
models ever made by Yamaha.
For 2017 the remarkable TMAX story continues with two new versions – TMAX and TMAX DX – each of them ready to reaffirm this prestigious scooter's iconic
status by offering the very highest levels of performance, technology
The two new versions of the TMAX reset the rules of MAX by giving
discerning customers an even wider choice of the most successful maxi
scooter in history.
The dynamic new body and lightweight frame design – together with the
sophisticated electronic control technology and high overall
specification reinforce the TMAX's position as the runaway leader in the
With two versions available, there's a model to suit every lifestyle.
The TMAX is more a 'blank canvas', for customers wanting to make it their own by adding various parts and accessories.
Yet there are those maxi scooter owners who want even more than the exclusive TMAX has to offer.
For these riders we have created the TMAX DX.
With its extensive electronic control technology including D-MODE
and Cruise Control – as well as an adjustable screen and heated grips
and seat – the top of the range TMAX DX provides the ultimate in luxury.
- Sporty and dynamic new body design
- Outstanding acceleration
- Lightweight aluminium chassis
- Longer aluminium swingarm
- 10kg lighter than 2016 model
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T)
- Increased storage space for two demi jet helmets
- 'Smart Key' keyless ignition system
- Short and compact upswept muffler
- Sophisticated new TFT instruments
- Link-type rear suspension
- Lightweight tyres with low rolling resistance
- ABS fitted as standard equipment
- Ready to accommodate the optional D-AIR safety system
- Centre stand locking system
- Battery charging socket
- EU4 compliant engine
TMAX Highlights – all versions
- Exclusive colours and high quality interior finish
- Cruise control
- D-MODE adjustable power modes
- Electronically adjustable windscreen
- Heated grips and heated main seat
- Adjustable rear suspension
- My TMAX Connect app, thanks to integrated GPS system
TMAX DX additional features: